In order to help manage the volume of activity during the closure, we have temporarily paused the ability to put physical library items on hold. You will still be able to access and place holds on digital resources like ebooks and audiobooks. Click here for details.
You are here
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In order to help manage the volume of activity during the closure, we have temporarily paused the ability to put physical library items on hold. You will still be able to access and place holds on digital resources like ebooks and audiobooks.
During this time, we encourage customers to use the My List feature on their account to save titles they wish to read when we re-open.
Steps to save to My List:
- Log into your account and search for the item you wish to add
- From search result or item display screen, click add to cart
- Click on your cart and choose Save to List
- If you were not logged in, you will be prompted to do so
- Enter a name for your list and click Save
- To view your list, click My Account and choose My Lists
- If this feature is not working for you, try to clear your cache
As a reminder, we are scheduled to be closed until April 6, 2020. During this closure, all library material due dates and hold expiration dates will be extended until April 14, 2020. There will be no additional fees or fines on your account.
About the Kitchener Public Library
Kitchener Public Library is a hub of activity and one of the most significant community spaces in the City of Kitchener. The library boasts five locations located throughout the city; including the award-winning and recently renovated and expanded Central Library near the downtown core. The library has 102,000 active members and welcomes 1.2 million visitors each year. To learn more about Kitchener Public Library, visit kpl.org. To be the first to find out what’s happening at the library, follow @KitchLibrary on Twitter.