Central Library is open from 1 pm to 5 pm today
You are here
MacBooks are fast, secure and portable computers which run the Mac operating system. MacBooks are similar to a laptop running the Windows operating system.
Available at: Central Library
Apps and Features
- Safari, Chrome and Firefox Browsers
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- VLC Multimedia Player
- Overdrive and Adobe Digital Editions
The MacBook offers two USB ports, a DVD drive, SD card reader, and headphone jack.
How to Use a Macbook in the Library
- Adults (18 and over) must have a library card and a piece of physical or digital ID to borrow a Macbook.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 are not required to present ID, but must have a library card.
- Visitor and unconfirmed address cards are not eligible.
- You may borrow one Macbook per card at a time. You cannot renew a Macbook, or place one on hold.
- Central Library: Macbooks can be used in the library for 4 hours.
- Overdue charges are $1 per hour late. A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Macbook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page