Central Library is open from 1 pm to 5 pm today
You are here
Rules and Guidelines
- The Dorothy Shoemaker Podcast Competition is open to residents of Waterloo Region. Professionals who receive payment for their podcasts or broadcasts are not eligible.
- Prize money will be awarded to the creator of the podcast. Interview subjects featured in the work do not have any claim on prize money.
- Two awards will be distributed: Winner ($1,500) and Runner Up ($500).
- Judge’s decisions are final and there will be no correspondence between the judge and the entrants regarding any submissions.
- Applicants may submit an individual and/or a group podcast for a total of 2 submissions.
- Podcasts must be original work and all music and sound effects must be royalty-free or original. All podcast forms and genres are eligible.
- Podcasts must range in length from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. Files may not exceed 15 MB.
- Winning podcasts will be posted on KPL’s public channels so obscenities or offensive language should be kept to a minimum.
- Entries must be uploaded as MP3 files. Only podcasts submitted via our online entry form will be considered.
- The contest opens Monday, January 13. The deadline for entries is Saturday, February 29 at 11:59 pm.
Collection of information for the Dorothy Shoemaker Awards is subject to the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Personal Privacy Act. The Library will not divulge this information to outside parties unless required to do so by law.