Libraries are open from 9 am to 9 pm today
You are here
Chromebooks are fast, secure computers with no software installed on them. Instead, they only use web-based programs like Google apps. They are ideal for browsing the internet, checking your e-mail or watching YouTube.
Available at: Central Library, Grand River Stanley Park
Apps and Features
- G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Photos, Maps, News)
- Google Chrome
- Numerics Calculator
The Chromebook offers two USB ports, an HDMI port, SD card reader, and a headphone jack.
How to Use a Chromebook in the Library
- You must have a library card to borrow a Chromebook. Visitor and unconfirmed address cards are not eligible.
- Request a Chromebook at the Information Desk. You may borrow 1 Chromebook per card at a time.
- Central Library: Chromebooks can be used in the library for 4 hours.
- Grand River Stanley Park: Chromebooks can be used in the library for 2 hours.
- No renewals and no holds.
- Overdue Chromebooks will be charged $1 per hour late. A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Chromebook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page