Libraries are open from 9 am to 8:30 pm today
You are here
Chromebooks are fast, secure computers with no software installed on them. Instead, they only use web-based programs like Google apps. They are ideal for browsing the internet, checking your e-mail or watching YouTube.
Available at: Central Library, Grand River Stanley Park
Apps and Features
- G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Photos, Maps, News)
- Google Chrome
- Numerics Calculator
The Chromebook offers two USB ports, an HDMI port, SD card reader, and a headphone jack.
Using a Chromebook in the Library
- Adults (18 and over) must have a library card and a piece of physical or digital ID to borrow a Chromebook.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 are not required to present ID, but must have a library card.
- Visitor and unconfirmed address cards are not eligible.
- You may borrow one Chromebook per card at a time. You cannot renew a Chromebook, or place one on hold.
- Central Library: Chromebooks can be used in the library for 4 hours.
- Grand River Stanley Park: Chromebooks can be used in the library for 2 hours.
- Overdue charges are $1 per hour late. A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Chromebook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page