The virtual reality station at Central Library is currently unavailable. We are working on the issue and anticipate a resolution shortly.
You are here
Studio Central provides access to digital media technology that encourages exploration, learning, play, and creativity, including a 3D printer, digital scanner, A/V editing software, and much more.
Computers in Studio Central are equipped with Adobe Master Collection. Bring a USB stick to save your work, or purchase one at the Information Desk. You must have a library card to sign into the computers.
- 3 Cubicon Single Plus 3D printers
- Available on a first come, first served basis
- Create and edit 3D models with Cubicreator software or download from Thingiverse
- Transfer to printer via USB stick
- Supported File Types: STL and OBJ
- Build volume: 240 x 190 x 200 mm (9.45 x 7.48 x 7.87 in)
- Convert VHS, film and slides to digital format
- Edit pictures and videos using Adobe Photoshop or Premiere
- Stay with your project from start to finish
- Bring a storage device for your project
- Use the Canon 9000F to scan documents and photos
- Convert paper documents and photos to digital formats
- Save, copy, or e-mail your digital file
- Use the Silhouette Cameo to cut precision pieces for scrapbooking or other paper crafts
- Use the software to create your own patterns
- Bring craft materials such as card stock, craft vinyl, or heat transfer material
- Create music tracks using Ableton Push
- 9 virtual instruments and over 3000 production-ready sounds
- Bring your own headphones or buy earbuds at the Info Desk
Reserve a Studio Central computer
The Die Cutting station, Digital Conversion station, and Music station can be reserved ahead of time. You may reserve a maximum 2 hours per day. Reservations can be made up to 2 days in advance.
How to reserve:
- Click here to access the reservation system
- At the login screen, enter your library card number and click the "Login" button.
- Select the "Reservation Wizard" link at the bottom right corner.
- Click the "Select site" link, and select "Central - Digital Media Lab".
- Follow the prompts to set the time and date of your reservation.
- When you are finished, click the "Log Off" link at the top left corner of the screen.